Wheels of Faith is a ministry of Faith Christian Family Church of Warren County, Missouri. This ministry was started because the owner of Anchor House had a vision and a billboard (currently being designed.) They partnered with Righteous Rides who has a dealer's license and mechanics. Wheels of Faith was formed to find people who struggle to afford transportation and offer them interest free financing on the donated vehicles. Wheels of Faith, Righteous Rides, and Anchor House are working together to help our community with transportaion needs.
Yes. Wheels of Faith is a ministry of Faith Christian Family Church which is a 501c3 organization.
People donate their vehicles to Righteous Rides. The donor gets a tax write off if wanted. RR makes necessary repairs to and handles the sale of the vehicles at Kelly Blue Book private seller "fair" value. Wheels of Faith locates members of the community that are in need of a vehicle. We will select buyers based on an application and provide them interest free financing. Donated vehicles that do not fit the program will be sold with the proceeds going to support the ministry's operations. Non-repairable vehicles will be scrapped. Wheels of Faith will pay Righteous Rides for its services from the proceeds of the sales.
For starters, we currently do not have a benefactor or enough individual donations to support this new ministry. Also, donated vehicles usually need some repairs. Further, a dealer's license is required to sell more than 5 vehicles per year. So, any money that comes in is used to:
1. Repair and process vehicles that are donated.
2. Pay administrative costs.
3. As funds are available, scholarships will be given to assist people with their vehicle purchase.
Secondly, vehicles cost money to own and operate, that is a harsh reality of life. If we were able to give them away it would only serve to train people that cars are free and in the end that doesn't help anybody. The hope is that people learn good budgeting skills, take control of their lives, and feel good about themselves and what they can accomplish with a little help.
As the ministry grows, we will be able to be more generous. Right now we are doing what we can to get started in helping the community with transportation.
We will accept cash, cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, trailers, boats, ATVs, campers, and tractors. Vehicles that fit our program will be prepared for their new owners. Other donations will be sold or scrapped with the proceeds going to support operations.
1. Notify us about your donation.
2. We will arrange for your donation to be dropped-off or picked-up.
3. You will receive a receipt for your donation, and Form 1098 C or Form 8283 for your tax deduction.
1. Submit a sponsor's referral letter from your church or Anchor House.
2. Submit the online or paper application.
3. You will be contacted if there are questions about your application.
4. Potential buyers will be contacted for an interview.
5. Arrangements will be made with the selected applicant to receive and title the vehicle, and participate in budgeting and car maintenance classes.
6. The Buyer must have funds for titling, liability insurance, and first payment. A larger down payment can be made.
7. A payment plan will be established. An example of terms is 12- 18 mo. and not more than $100-$150 per month.
The sponsor should tell us about their relationship with the applicant and why they believe the applicant is a good candidate for our program.